Summer – cold : Causes; symptoms and treatment
Cold in summer disturbs the patient physically and mentally. To rightly get rid of the perturbing cold, one should always feel free to consult the homoeopath.
When we talk of summer cold, it literally sounds strange and peculiar. But, what you are reading here is real and very common. As we all know that the cough and cold are very common in winter and monsoon but patient may get affected by cold and cough when summer settles and winter says goodbye. Let’s know what is it + why it happens and how we can combat the very issue with an aid of homeopathic medicine and other crucial measures.
Summer cold symptoms aren’t different than cold symptoms appearing at any other season of the year.
- Runny nose
- Cough and watering from eyes
- If symptoms are much related to sinus, they are mostly because of rhino virus that causes (post nasal drip, sore throat, blocked sinus, sneezing and redness)
Causes and triggering factors
- Viral or bacterial infections ( similarly like corona virus which are more active in winter, RHINO virus are more active in late spring, summer and early fall)
- Prolonged use of air-conditioning and then sudden exposure to sunlight and hot atmosphere
- Checked perspiration
- Over-consumption of cold beverages and icy cold carbonated drinks
Measures for prevention
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Include the citrus and succulent fruits rich in vitamin c. Because they are the best remedial fruits to speed up the healing in case of allergy and infection and they help in strengthening the immunity of a patient.
- Try to avoid drinking cold water or any other chilled beverage just after coming to your workplace or home from an extremely hot atmosphere having quite different degree of temperature.
- Turmeric water
- Apple cider vinegar ( use 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for 1 glass of water)
- Herbal green tea
- Red onion
- Pulsatilla, sarsaparilla, hydrastis, kali bich, euphrasia, hepar sulph, bryonia are one of the most suitable and recommended remedies for these complaints.
- But, detailed case taking by a consultant homeopath is always a necessary to treat the case in more perfect and thorough way.